Friday, July 30, 2010

Raspberry sauce with white chocolate liquer


I am nursing a sore head today from lack of sleep and a few too many wine spritzers from last night, after a much needed ladies night to celebrate my friend Lyndsay's birthday.
There really is nothing better than hanging out with friends, chowing down on good food with a side of good conversation and giggles, especially now as the kids are on summer break and consuming every waking moment of my existence.
To celebrate I made a quick angel food cake and served it with a smorgasbord of toppings to choose from. My new Raspberry sauce, fresh raspberries, melted chocolate, whipped cream ( or in this case cool whip), and some passionfruit pulp from my secret stash of imported goodies from Australia.

Recipe:

2 cups of frozen raspberries
6 tablespoons of white chocolate liqueur
4 tablespoons blue agave sweetener ( you can use regular sugar, to taste)

Put everything in a saucepan, stirring over medium heat until bubbly. Thicken with cornstarch or, if you're not in a hurry, just let it slowly reduce until you get it to the consistency you like.

Today, even with a hangover I managed to can some mango passion fruit sauce for eating with ice cream mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.



And, after many requests I have also pumped out a few batches of red onion jelly.



If you're in my neck of the woods, I'm thinking of selling at the farmer's market, let me know if anyone wants any home made preserves.
Thinking about the lovely sand in Sicamous and sunbaking all weekend, time to get packing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...