Thursday, July 8, 2010

Food, glorious food.

It's all I think about. It's with me when I wake up and when I go to sleep.....food. What to eat, now that I have decided to take a more carb and sugar free approach to my diet.
It's harder than it looks. I never realised how carb laden my home was until I tried to cook with out THEM.
But it's not all bad, here's what I made for dinner last night. A fennel salad with avocado, Parmesan and chicken drizzled with a yummy concoction of my own invention.


It was surprisingly yummy, I have not used fennel much in my cooking but will most definitely will be from now on. It tastes a little like black licorice with the texture of celery.


Dinner was followed my homemade eggnog, made by Zoe, from Pickle in the middle. My favourite was the part where she realised that there actually was raw egg in eggnog and she was going to be drinking it. I thought she was going to refuse to drink it, as she has an issue with eggs, but she loved it.
Dinner was followed by a quick visit from our neighbour with a delivery of beautiful BC Salmon, caught the day before and delivered to my door. I got 2 whole salmon for $20 a piece, head chopped off ( that was part of the deal) and filleted. Look at the color of this fish.............


......anyone have a good low carb salmon recipe to share?
And, one more food related pic here. Our garlic scapes are amazing this year. I made a quick pesto with the scapes, added some olive oil, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Yummy, fresh and very garlicky. I've been adding this to mayo, chicken, soups etc.


This will be the last week for the scapes so I think I might go pick the last of them and get pickling.
I am going to be a busy lady!!!!
Tootles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...