Thursday, February 24, 2011

Kiddo cakes

Every year our little elementary school here in Lavington is host to a "Fun Fair" complete with face painting, games, balloons, popcorn and our favourite THE CAKE WALK.
It's a little something to shake off the winter blah's and let the kids go wild and have some fun.
The kids get to enter a cake into the decorating competition and later on in the day the cakes become prizes in the cake walk. There's usually a pretty good chance that one of your kids will come home with a fantastic one of a kind, kiddo decorated cake. Granted, with Marley being in kindergarten this year mommy had a little control situation with letting her do the whole cake on her own....and by little I mean major melt down....I tried to not help but it's IMPOSSIBLE.
I'm one of THOSE mommies who just can't keep her hands to herself when it comes to creating..I may need to seek help at some point but for now my kids haven't noticed how much of a freak mommy is. So, we'll just leave it at that for now.

Here's what we came up with.



Zoe's garden of earthly delights.


Complete with wild life.


And My Marley's cute owl. I love him.


I was super impressed with the powdered food coloring I picked up at the Oriental Supermarket in Kelowna, love how bright the red turned out, that for sure is going to stain something!!!


Hope to see all you Lavington folks out and about at the fair to support our wee little school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...