Friday, March 4, 2011

Pressure cooker love....

One attempt under my belt, I would not call an absolute success, but the final result was tasty, beef on a bun with caramelised onions and peppers. 


This pressure cooking stuff is a bit challenging without the original manufacturers info for my new toy. Thank goodness for the Internet, I'm planning some apple sauce for this afternoon.
Last night I cooked a roast in an hour but I definitely think it could have been done in half an hour.
I tried a new spice profile. Red peppers, star anise, garlic, paprika, bay leaf, salt and pepper with some beef broth.



If anyone out there has helpful hints or recipes they are willing to share PLEASE feel free to pass them on. I'm itching to use my new toy for canning as well, but I think I need to keep my training wheels on for a bit longer before I start putting glass jars into this wondrous machine.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...