Sunday, May 23, 2010

Jelly in your belly!

Just a couple of things to share with you today.
There is a great pic of Marley on my friend Kerry's blog Snickerdoodles, check it out, scroll to May 21st and there she will be. Marley was doing a little posing at the family May Day dance on Thursday night, boy oh boy did she sleep well that night.
And earlier that day I attended the traditional May Day tea with my lady friends, what a great town we live in. I promised Kerry's mom I would share my Jelly Slice recipe, so here it is, I hope you enjoy it. Feel free to use your imagination with this one, I added some shredded coconut to the base last time.
All you Aussie's can stop reading now, nothing you haven't seen before!!



Jelly Slice.

Crust:

1 pkt Marie biscuits crushed. ( Use any tea biscuits you can find, Superstore has a good selection. 1 pkt is usually 250g ).
185 g. butter melted
Combine together press into 8x8 pan.

Lemon Layer:
1 can condensed milk
Juice of 2 lemons
2 tsp gelatin dissolved in ¾ cup boiling water

Topping:
1 pkt red jelly (made up to instructions on packet), or for that matter, any flavour you like. I have made it with lemon jello and it is yummy.

Crush biscuits and combine with melted butter. Press into slice tray. Blend condensed milk with lemon juice and dissolved gelatin. Pour over base and set aside until it starts to set. Pour the cooled jelly carefully over slice. Chill until set then cut into squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...