Thursday, April 15, 2010

Spring has sprung....

....it's here. SPRING. Although, the weather has been lovely for months now, it really doesn't feel like spring is her until you start to see some color. Granted, there's not much of it yet but as you can see the wait is worth it. This is what is bloomimg in my garden so far, tulips are yet to come and daffodils, but this should tide me over for a while.


So in honour of this lovely parade of colour, I made this fun treat. For those of you not familiar with this yummy treat for the eyes and tastebuds, this is Jelly slice. I can post the recipe if anyone wants it.


Every aussie child recognises this slice. Although, I'm sure I can almost hear the shrieks of disbelief at my use of lemon jello instead of strawberry or rasberry. All I have to say is...don't knock it until you've tried it. I ate three pieces for lunch today, and the only thing stopping me from eating the whole lot was my 4 year old watching me with disgust.


Zoe's crosscountry meet went well. I was cheering so loudly I am surprised I even have a voice today. It went so well that she decided to stick with it and try again next week. Way to go Zoe. I love that she stopped to pose for her pic.....always the poser.



P.S. She doesn't run like her mother....Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...