Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Here I go again.....

Starting off my new year with some of the usual suspects. Promises to myself that will be soon broken...getting more exercise, eating healthier, implementing better household habits, staying organized, being nicer to telemarketers....oh the list goes on.

Yesterday was a good day, even though the year has kicked off with a broken washing machine and stove, I managed to purge and clean my spice, baking and tea cupboards and fill two large bags of goodies bound for the thrift store AND actually dropped them off instead of piling them up at the front entrance for weeks.

My neighbors came over and dragged away my empty bottles, the hubby did a dump run and things are looking good. It's all about keeping the momentum going......right?????

One of my friends, whom I admire immensely, recently informed me of her families self imposed challenge to buy no STUFF for a month.
She had read about it in an old Canadian Living magazine article and her challenge began January 1st. I'm thinking that she's onto a good thing, what better time to simplify your life after the craziness of Christmas and the motivation of a new year beginning.

I'm not ready to commit to that extent yet but I'm thinking I may want to implement something along those lines sometime VERY soon.



But for now, I am going to continue purging unnecessary STUFF from my house, trying to keep on top of my mental and physical STUFF, be patient with my parenting STUFF and try to only put good STUFF into my tummy.....like my breakfast this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...