Monday, July 18, 2011

Dana Banana Week


 

Yesterday we welcomed "Auntie" Dana to Canada and the Okanagan, after 10 years of me asking her to come visit she has finally made it to my side of the world. It's always so exciting for me to do the drive to Kelowna and pick up new visitors, I do miss Australia very, very much but I'm also proud to live in the Okanagan and show it's great qualities and beauty to everyone.

My kids were just as excited as me, making signs and banners for banana's arrival.

We're planning to do some fun stuff this week, zip lining in Oyama, paragliding in Lavington, lying on the beach at Mara Lake (if it ever stops raining) and water slides in Vernon.
The time always goes by so fast and before you know it banana's trip will be just a memory. Squeezing lots of fun stuff in is always a priority but sitting up last night just chatting and having some Dana time all to myself was lovely, catching up and reminiscing about the good old days.

I just love it when my ozzies come visit, there's not a whole lot of culture shock, it's just the little things that make me giggle and remind me of my impressions the first time here.

We snuck out last night to the neighbours house and grabbed a few cherries for munching, right now the fruit is spectacular, so I guess I should be grateful for the rain!!!


Zoe is making crepes with fresh raspberries, drizzled with real maple syrup for our aussie, now all we need is for the aussie to get out of bed and go pick those raspberries!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...