Sunday, October 24, 2010

My breakfast

OOOOOh my breakfast was so yummy this morning I just had to tell someone.
While the rest of my family enjoyed a hearty breakfast of creamy chicken crepes and corned beef hash, I on the other hand with my low carb, no sugar, no fun eating plan surprised myself with a wonderful new creation.


 Baked eggs with salmon, dill and baba ghanoush. It was just what I needed to break me out of the drudgery of scrambled eggs with sour cream and salsa every morning.

RECIPE:

Start with a small buttered oven proof ramekin and plop a dollop of baba ghanoush (approx 1 teaspoon) in the bottom.  Like so......


My wonderful husband went on a fishing trip earlier this year and filled our freezer with yummy salmon, so I used some left overs from dinner for this recipe. My salmon had already been baked with lots of fresh dill and lemon juice.
I shredded some salmon then added it to the ramekin with some more fresh dill.


Then this is the fun part, you crack an egg on top, add some more salmon, baba ghanoush and some sharp white cheddar to finish it off.


I set my oven to 350C and made a water bath for my ramekins in a loaf pan, gently placing them in the water so as not to make a big splash. Its easier to put the ramekin in first I guess and THEN add the hot water!!!
Bake for about 15 minutes, a little longer if you like your yolk hard, they come out of the over looking like this......mmmmmmmm


Just look at all that yummy goodness.


Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...