Monday, December 16, 2013

Olive Us

Hello, hello, hello my Lovelies.
Long time no see.........or read! BAD blogger...bad, bad blogger!!! Someone give me a swift kick in the butt please.
So much to do, so little time in the day. I'd like to tell you that I've been busy but really??? I must stop using "BUSY" as an excuse...everyone is busy...it's December for crying out loud.
No...I've just been neglectful and I apologize for that.

But on a more positive note, the reason why I'm coming out of hiding is to share a fantastic little, local discovery with you all. Now all of my non-Vernon readers I apologise again, for getting you all excited, but maybe you can find a place like this somewhere near you. 

A few weeks ago I gathered up some of my favourite ladies and took a trek out of my snowy covered cave to Vernon to take a boo at a new little store I've been itching to check out.

Located right on main street (30th Avenue), Olive Us is an Olive oil and vinegar tasting room dedicated to bringing Vernonites some gastronomic goodness.

Now I've experienced wine tastings, beer tastings, chocolate tastings and even honey tastings but nothing compares to the wake up call your taste buds get with a balsamic vinegar tasting. And don't even get me started on the olive oils!!
Oh the joy!!
I've been to similar stores in Kelowna and Armstrong, both stores selling products of equal quality and price range; but the folks at Olive Us have created a store that is both beautiful to look at and comfortable to browse in. 
I could have stayed there all day, it's truly like the Wonka chocolate factory for adults.



The proprietors Janet and Ray have done amazing things with the space,  keeping the decor neutral and truly letting their product shine..literally, in their stainless steel urns.


Even their packaging has been carefully selected to match the decor, making their products the star of the show.


Gift sets are thoughtfully selected with different themes and flavour profiles, making gift giving a breeze as all the hard work is done for you.


This is definitely one of those stores that you could spent an hour or two in without realizing it. Bring a friend and get lost in tasting and sampling to you hearts content. 


The store is well stocked with other food items such as flavoured salts and beautifully packaged pastas and decorative bottles for your goodies.


So after your Christmas hangover has subsided and you are feeling up to hitting downtown, do yourself a favour and stop in to see the folks at Olive Us, tell them Kylie sent you!! 
I'll probably be there somewhere in a corner sampling their products to find my new favourite for the month.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...