Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Support kids literacy.

I recently became a volunteer at our local elementary school as a 'One to One' tutor to assist kids with literacy and to help struggling readers become confident readers.
As a volunteer I was required to go to the training session offered to all tutors and I'm so happy and honored that I am now armed with the know how to not only help other kids but to help my own children become rockin' readers.

Tonight I stumbled across this great website and wanted to share it with you all. It was created by this fascinating guy by the name of Dallas Clayton, who wrote a book for his own son about having big dreams and never giving up. The book is called An Awesome book, you can read it online here for free or you can purchase it here.




There is another book called An Awesome book of thanks....same deal.

The coolest part of this deal is the Awesome world foundation that he created where for every book sold he will donate another to a needy child, school, library etc...... ANYWHERE KIDS ARE DREAMING
I will be purchasing these books for my kids...what a great cause.






http://vimeo.com/15369986 ....check out this cute clip.

How much better would each day be if someone told you you had done a good job doing something you’d never tried before.....Dallas Clayton

1 comment:

  1. How awesome of you to volunteer your time like that! I really like the idea of that book (and the charity). Does it donate to just Canada or does it include North America, too?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...