Sunday, March 13, 2011

Flour less peanut butter cookies.

I have to be honest here, I am not a fan of peanut butter flavoured things, Reese's peanut buttercups make me gag....too much peanut....however today I made some cookies that even I enjoyed.


I'm sure my family thought all of their Christmases had come at once as I'm also not a cookie person, but to avoid another trip into town for school lunch supplies I hit my recipe stack full of untested recipes. I think I may have found a keeper, this recipe has only four ingredients, all of which are a constant in my pantry...peanut butter, brown sugar, eggs and baking soda.
All things considered I was feeling pretty proud of myself today until I remembered that peanuts and school do not mix. So I will pick another recipe tonight that is more school friendly and bake while the kids are in bed.

For now here's the cookie recipe that's a keeper! Flour less peanut butter cookies.

2 cups of smooth peanut butter
2 cups of brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons of baking soda

Preheat oven to 350f.
Beat peanut butter, sugar, eggs and baking soda for 2 minutes or until smooth and blended.
Drop level tablespoons of dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet. bake for 10 minutes or until cookies are slightly golden. Cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet, remove to wire racks and cool completely.

The cookies were great just like that but I couldn't help myself and made a chocolate ganache for half of the cookies to push the yummy factor way over the edge.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...